DCS Kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year is open to children who will be at least 5 years of age by September 1, 2018. Prospective parents/guardians may call to set up an appointment for a readiness screening, or to obtain more information -- please call (814) 371-7395.
Why choose the DCS K-5 Program?
* The DCS staff is caring and qualified, and the small class sizes provides an ideal student-to-teacher ratio.
* The DCS K-5 program features a daily Bible lesson, and Scripture memorization.
* DCS K-5 students will progress from letter recognition and sounds to blends and word reading.
* DCS K-5 students will learn recognition of numbers 1-100, and number value counting by ones, fives and tens to 100. Simple addition; telling time (“o’clock”); and other number skills are emphasized.
* Science & Social Studies educational units and lessons are interwoven throughout the year.
* Art, Music, Physical Education, and Computer activities and lessons are offered weekly.
* The DCS K-5 program is a full-day option, 8:15am to 3:00pm Monday through Friday.